The pregnancy massage certificate course will help therapists gain an understanding of how physical changes affect a client during the stages of pregnancy. It will include contraindications and indications (benefits) for minor ailments such as back ache, fatigue, fluid retention, headaches and leg cramps. Practical sessions will help the therapist learn to adapt body, face and scalp massages to the pregnant client. This will include specific instruction on the location of supports in the side lying and semi-reclined positions. The techniques taught will target the muscles most affected by postural changes during pregnancy This is a very informative workshop which covers special considerations for the pregnant client and will equip the therapist to treat pregnant clients with confidence, understanding, and the utmost care. Course Details Pregnancy Massage
- CPD Training
- Full Accredited Certificate
Expectant mothers can benefit greatly from regular massage during their pregnancy. It can help to manage many of the symptoms and conditions associated with this very special time and provides time and space to help prepare the woman both physically and emotionally for childbirth and motherhood. Aim & Objectives: To ensure the safety of pregnancy and postnatal clientele in the provision of massage and touch therapies. Learning Outcomes: At the end of this training the student will:-
- Be able to provide a safe and effective pregnancy massage routine whilst understanding how pregnancy affects the mother’s body physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Understand the safety precautions and recommendations to be considered during this period.
- Understand the benefits of massage during pregnancy and the postnatal period.
- Have a good understanding of the main anatomical and physiological changes in the woman
throughout the three trimesters of pregnancy.
- Understand the importance of positioning during pregnancy massage and be able to adapt
accordingly using side-lying position on a plinth, seated massage and/or floor work.
- Be able to adapt classic massage strokes for the pre-and post- natal periods.
- Be flexible in the use of props during massage (rolls, cushions etc.)
- Understand the role of relaxation and the breath when combined with massage
- Confidently use practical techniques for common minor problems / conditions during pregnancy.
- Be able to use gentle stretching techniques and exercises to help ease common minor problems/conditions during pregnancy.
- Be able to adapt their massage techniques to suit the post-natal period.
Features a Small group size Maximum 8 students per class Relaxed friendly environment Incorporates techniques for both pre-and post-natal periods CPD Certification of Completion CPD Points awarded.
The Greenhouse, Dun Laoghaire
Next Course Dates:
Monday 23rd January 2017
€180 Minimum numbers on all short courses apply. Pre-payment deposit of €50 to book your place. All equipment provided. No refunds on booking deposit unless otherwise agreed with The Greenhouse.
Pay the deposit €50
Pay the full balance €130